Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I'm already 24 years old last 17th January. To be true. last 24 years i was never celebrating Mother's day for the one and only beloved mom i have, Mrs. Nafisah A. Rahman. It is not that i didn't love her but it was just not a culture in my family, the same goes to my other siblings.

But yes, better late then never. I realized that i should start it. At least just for myself, next time may will be with others. I should lead this celebration by putting it in the family yearly schedule. Indeed, i should.

On the 9th May, after i was completing my dusk prayer in my manly room, and so do mom separately, i went to her room. She is still in the hijab for praying. As usual, with her warming n relaxing face expression, she was sitting there on the sajadah.

I walk closely to her, and spontaneously said, "I have a present for you."

No reaction from her. I sat down in front and grab both of her hands, kissed them. "Happy mother's day." i kinda whispering that line.

My blossomed kiss then moved to her cheeks and forehead. Continuously then, i hugged her and saying the four magic words, "I love you mom." Then i opened the case, separating the gold ring from it and passed it to mom.(I'm so worried that it might not fit any of her fingers :p)I was wrong.It definitely fit her middle finger.

"Thank you very much" she replied with teary eyes.

I felt so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment